It's cold, resort wear is calling your name, and it's time to get away! Below are some tips to help you pack with the utmost efficiency...whether you are just getting away for a weekend, or are prepping for that spring break escape.
1. Roll your clothes: This gives you more room and makes it easier to see what you brought once you arrive at your destination! Plus, it prevents wrinkles!
2. Pack more tops than bottoms: You can re-wear the same pair of jeans with a different top, and no one will notice! This also leaves more room in your suitcase!
3. Wear your bulky clothes when traveling: To save space in your luggage, wear big coats, boots and hats.
4. If your traveling to a city, save space for shopping: You can also pack a foldable bag like a long champ so on the way home there is a place to keep your new treasures! The Longchamp ‘Le Pilage’ Expandable Travel Bag has solved all my shopping dilemmas.
5. Check the weather ahead of time! I just use my weather iPhone app! Its so important to know what climate you’ll be in, not being sure can lead to over-packing or under-packing.
6. Use little pouches! They keep you organized and are so cute. I have an actual obsession with makeup bags and little travel bags! My favorite is my Ted Baker Makeup pouch.
7. PLAN AHEAD: This sounds very Type A, (because it is) but make a list of everything you need before you even pull out the suitcase to avoid forgetting the essentials and over-packing the unnecessary
8. Stay Organized: I recently invested in a large garment suitcase from Samsonite and I LOVE how easy it makes packing not only my dresses and tops that I want to keep on a hanger, but there are also so many pouches and pockets for shoes, hair primping tools, toiletries, and makeup. For a weekend or a four day trip, this is all I need!
9. Avoid Wrinkles: If you know it's going to wrinkle, leave it at home. If you absolutely need it, and you avoid ironing at all costs like I do, try a handheld steamer...they are inexpensive, lightweight, and work like a charm.
10. Pack Jewelry that travels: There are few things worse than your favorite necklaces dying in a tangled un-salvageable heap. Wear anything that has tangle potential and pack the rest in a jewelry traveler that has secure compartments. I also recommend carrying your jewelry in your purse
11. Carry on the good stuff: Loosing your luggage is always an unfortunate threat when you fly. And even though lost luggage is usually found, it could take the duration of your trip before your stuff in back in your grasp...leaving you without the carefully calculated wardrobe your selected for your vacation. I always put a couple dresses, outfits, bathing suits, makeup and jewelry in my carry on and check a bag with my shoes. The carry on is lightweight, and worst case scenario you have the essentials to have a fashionable vacation.
12. Prioritize: If it's a road-trip and you have a furry friend, make sure you leave room and set them up so they are comfortable...cuteness on a 5+ hour drive definitely helps!!