Snowed in? Here are some ideas to get you through the first Blizzard of 2015!
1. Charge all of your devices before the power goes out! This way you can watch Netflix from your computer or iPad when your TV dies, text the family to let them know you aren’t trapped under a pile of snow, and use the light of your kindle to guide you to the bathroom.
2. Definitely don’t work out. A giant snow storm is the universe’s way of telling you to rest, eat snacks (S’mores seem like a good idea), and stay hydrated with plenty of water in between your wine and/or hot chocolate.
3. Get out your favorite board games, cards, or puzzles (or in my case, electronic Guesstures, the best game of all time) and play!
4. Sleep. And then when you wake up, you should probably stay in your pajamas as long as you can.
5. Start planning a tropical vacation. You’re going to need and deserve one for putting up with winter yet again.
6. Even if your power doesn't go out, pretend you don't have it. Use candles for lighting, turn off the devices, and "rough it." If you are with friends, it'll be hilarious. If you are with your special someone, your attempt to be romantic will probably also be hilarious.
7. Enjoy the snow!!! Play outside, build a snowman, and pretend you are five years old again...it's necessary every once and a while!
8. Clean/Organize your room. You'll feel productive and know exactly where all of your warmest and most essential blizzard outfits have been hiding.
9. Read. Finish/start that book you've been meaning to get to.
10. Primp. This is the perfect time to practice your nail art skills, try out a new hairdo, and reshape those brows. If they don't turn out, you have all winter to wear a hat and gloves to cover up your mistakes.
11. FaceTime with friends...otherwise you'll have to go at least 24 hours not seeing them...and that's unnecessary.
12. Bake! The sweet smell of fresh baked cookies or brownies warms the soul!