The only good thing about the summer ending here on the East Coast is the fact that the fall is about to begin! WE LOVE FALL! Most people who do not live in perfect places where it’s summeresk 365 days a year justify their locations by saying, “Oh I just love seasons.” They are lying. No one likes winter after that first pretty, fluffy, white, snow; and spring is pretty much nonexistent and filled with rain (although we do need a couple excuses to break out the Hunter boots). The point is people, like us, don’t love seasons…we love fall. And for the following reasons, we could never live without it!
Ashley’s Favorite things about Fall
1. The aromas!! I prematurely began burning my Pumpkin Buttercream Yankee Candle, and the smell just makes me happy. For some reason, the scents of the season are so nostalgic and reminiscent of good feelings and fun times. I also love Bath and Body Works Pumpkin Caramel Latte candles and lotions. An adorable decorating idea is to take baby boo pumpkins, cover them in glitter, and put a votive candle where the stem was. My genius florist, Margaux, owner of Fleur De Lis Floral, did this at my wedding last fall and it looked gorgeous!
2. That fresh fall feeling! The festive fragrances in the air are amazingly crisp. When the weather starts to get chilly, I am always inspired to start something new, or begin looking at things with a fresh perspective. Even though I haven’t been in school for several years, I still buy my new Lilly Pulitzer day planner now rather than in January (yes I am one of probably five people who don’t use my iPhone calendar to organize my life).
My husband and I got married in October because we both love the season so much, and for us it will always represent our new beginning as a married couple. (For extra emphasis, I put those pumpkin caramel candles throughout our venue so the smells would also be reminiscent of our reception.)
3. The activities! From Fall Festivals to local Oktoberfests, picking pumpkins to carving pumpkins, going on haunted hayrides to watching scary movies that you will regret watching afterwards…there is just so much to do! Not to mention the fact that most of these actives occur outside, where the weather is perfect! A light jacket and warm Pumpkin Spice Latte are all you need!
4. Speaking of Pumpkin Spice Lattes…fall has the very best tasty treats! Pumpkin and nutmeg make everything a little bit sweeter. From festive cupcakes to pancakes…you cannot go wrong! Giada De Laurentiis’ Pumpkin Cupcakes are easy to make and delicious!
5. Halloween! It is one of my favorite holidays for four reasons: parities, parades, costumes, and candy.
6. And finally, fall fashions! I’ll let Gianna take it from here…
Gianna’s Favorite things about Fall
Fall fashion is by far my favorite! I am completely in love with the season and all of the lovely layers that come with it!
7. Scarves! Scarves! And more Scarves! Adding a playful scarf to any outfit makes it that much more fabulous! I may have a slight scarf obsession, but they are a seriously necessary staple to my fall wardrobe!
8. BOOTS!!! From your everyday UGGs to you stylish ridding boots, boots just make everything better!! I also love a cute little bootie to dress up your look!
9. Sweater weather! It is the unofficial name for autumn for a reason! Cozy sweaters and leggings are cute and comfortable! This season, I am loving the cable knit sweaters from J.Crew!
10. Blazers are by far my favorite article of clothing! Wearing a blazer gives you this being put together power! Check out the great fitting options at H&M. It's also a great way to layer: wear a thin v-neck sweater underneath and complete the outfit with a scarf!!!
11. Fuzzy socks!!! They may not be seen, but they are 100 percent necessary! Wearing a pair of fuzzy socks with your fall boots feels like your walking on clouds…no matter how high your heels are!!!
12. Skinny corduroys! They are the perfect alternative to your skinny jeans!!! My favorites are from Free People. They give a little extra warmth and look so festive!!!