I don’t go shopping on Black Friday…never have never will. Between the chaotic crowds, endless lines, and pushy sales people, I just do not see the appeal. Cyber Monday, on the other hand is both my and Ashley’s style…and might as well be an official holiday to us. What could be better than getting all of those discounts and deals while wearing your snugly PJ's and never leaving your bed? Pretty much nothing! For those of you who have never partaken in the best day to online shop, here is our advice to make you a Cyber Monday shopping pro!
12 Cyber Monday Do’s and Don’ts:
1. Do your research in advance. Find out when sites start and end their sales because they are all different: some last all week, while others are exclusive to Cyber Monday.
2. Be prepared! Similar to Black Friday, you need to have a game plan. Make a list (and check it twice) of who you're shopping for and what you are looking to buy.
3. It’s easiest to go to the website ahead of time and add your items to your cart. This way when Monday rolls around, all you have to do is click "checkout."
4. The most terrifying thing that could happen is to see the words “out of stock” on the things you so desperately wanted. But don’t panic, most sites will restock later in the week and hopefully honor the discount!
5. Be cautious with your credit card numbers! Make sure that all the websites you’re shopping on are secure when you are going through the checkout process.
6. Along the lines of security, make sure you are at least familiar with the sites you are shopping on to avoid scams.
7. Pay attention to your e mail promotions. You may be able to double your savings with promo codes and special offers.
8. Just like Black Friday starts earlier and earlier every year (soon doors will open on Halloween), some Cyber Monday deals begin over the weekend.
9. Pay attention to times. Contrary to popular belief, midnight is not necessarily the debut of the deals, so get a good night’s sleep and wake up alert. Otherwise, the result may be tired, blackout shopping…which is rarely good.
10. Follow #CyberMonday on Twitter for constant updates on deals.
11. Pay attention to shipping dates to make sure your items will arrive in time for gifting!
12. Think outside the box! You could save a lot by shopping for next year's holiday decorations, or gifts for other occasions later in the year.