When you think about it, everything we do is done to evoke a certain feeling. We dress a certain way to feel pretty or professional or powerful; we wear a certain perfume to feel attractive and, well, clean; and we listen to certain songs to feel pumped or happy. Other times the opposite occurs, and our mood influences the way we do things.
So, in this three part blog series, Gianna and I are going to give you our best tips for feeling your best by way of your fashion choices, scent selections, and personal music medley!
Part 1: Fashion
1. Relaxed: When I want to feel comfy and cozy, or I just want to relax, I throw on my favorite Victoria Secret yoga pants, and long sleeved tee.
3. Pretty: The only thing better than one of my many LBD’s is an A-Line, cocktail length LBD. The sliming silhouette is flirty and fun, plus it’s perfect for anything from a date night to attending a fancy function.
4. Happy: COLOR! I don’t care if it’s a yellow top, a green scarf, or a red pair of shoes…color makes everything brighter and any day better.
6. Smart: Thank goodness glasses got glamorous. I love giving my eyes a break from my contacts and wearing my Gucci glasses whether I’m working on something or just want to add some sophistication to my look.
7. Studious: A perfect topknot bun, keeping my hair completely out of the way, can help me concentrate and feel focused during any test packed school day!
8. Comfortable: As soon as I walk into my house I have to feel comfortable! Conveniently, my Minnie mouse onesie is always ready to slip into when I arrive!
9. Glamorous: For me, feeling glamorous is how I want to feel all the time, just like Fergie! To get to that point, it’s all about perfectly applied makeup and stunning eye shadows. Right now, I am loving Urban Decay’s Naked Palette.
10. Warm: I love the cold weather because it lets me layer clothes! To feel warm throughout the cold months, I put vests over sweaters, blazers over collared shirts, and dresses over tights.
11. Safe: Feeling secure is something I need to feel on a daily basis. My John Hardy Dragon bracelet makes me feel safe, so I wear it everyday. In many cultures the dragon is a symbol for protection, and I believe in the powers of my little dragon bracelet (Ashley has one too!)
12. Chic: Who doesn’t want to feel like an A-Lister!? Wearing oversized sunglasses makes me feel like a celeb avoiding the paparazzi…plus my Forever 21 shades add a little extra style to my look.